Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chicken Cordon

This is one of the most tender ways to cook chicken breasts.  I am a big fan of dark meat, but I love white meat when it's really juicy like this.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (flatten a little with the bottom of a thick glass)
4 slices mozarella or provolone cheese (your choice)
4 slices ham (I use sandwich ham for this recipe)
squeeze butter (nothing but Parkay for me)
parsley flakes
bread crumbs
toothpicks

*Lay flat the chicken breasts.  Layer with ham & cheese.  Sprinkle lightly with parsley flakes.  Roll the chicken breast up as much as possible.  Secure with toothpicks.  I use close to 7 or 8 toothpicks on each piece in order to hold it together.  It looks funny but who cares, right?  Brush on your butter to coat the outside of the chicken.  Sprinkle with bread crumbs.  Bake at 350 degrees until browned....usually about 25 minutes.  Don't forget to remove all the toothpicks prior to serving! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment